The Be Mine Quilt Pattern is now available at Sewfinity!
Why We Like It
Designed by Lindsey of Pen and Paper Patterns, the Be Mine Quilt is simple and charming. It's a block-based design, with X's and hearts (as in kisses and hugs!) It's perfect for someone needing some extra love. Simple conventional piecing make this a great beginner pattern.
Tips + Tutorials
- The pattern features instructions with diagrams throughout, as well as a coloring page to come up with your own color combinations.
- Want to make it a bit bigger than throw-size? Add in sashing or borders!
- Want to make tiny 4" blocks instead of the standard 9"? Here's a freebie for you: Be Mine 4" FPP Pattern
- Sew Along: Lindsey's Be Mine SewAlong, a 5-week sewalong Jan 1 - Feb 5, 2020. Sewfinity is a sponsor!
Inspiration + Ideas
Match-making our Kona Cotton Solids to the Be Mine quilt pattern was really fun and it was so inspiring to see so many color combos come to life. Enjoy these digital mockups!
Follow our color suggestions below to get some fantastic single-color versions. All you need for the quilt top is six 1-yard cuts of fabric: 5 colors plus white.
- Yellow = Maize + Buttercup + Citrus + Wasabi + Moss
- Orange = Ice Peach + Mango + School Bus + Cedar + Cappuccino
- Red = Creamsicle + Nectarine + Lipstick + Cayenne + Brown
- Red Magenta = Primrose + Salmon + Watermelon + Wine + Crimson
- Magenta = Carnation + Sassy Pink + Honeysuckle + Valentine + Garnet
- Violet = Pansy + Dahlia + Geranium + Dk Violet + Eggplant
- Blue = Lavender + Amethyst + Tulip + Purple + Regal
- Blue Cyan = Candy Blue + Hyacinth + Regatta + Marine + Storm
- Cyan = Lake + Peacock + Turquoise + Oasis + Celestial
- Green Cyan = Azure + Candy Green + Bluegrass + Willow + Spruce
- Green = Aloe + Cypress + Clover + Jungle + Pesto
- Yellow Green = Green Tea + Chartreuse + Cypress + Clover + Palm
(opposite ends of the color wheel)
- Baby Pink + Sassy Pink + Honeysuckle + Azure + Jade Green + Willow
- White + Salmon + Watermelon + Aloe + Fern + Jungle
- Lt Parfait + Mango + Candy Blue + Regatta + Marine + Windsor
(neighbors on the color wheel)
- Baby Pink + Sassy Pink + Honeysuckle + Pansy + Dahlia + Geranium
- Breeze + Peacock + Turquoise + Candy Blue + Copen + Marine
Here's some more analogous versions, but instead of using six 1-yard cuts, use 25 fat quarters. Choose 8 fat quarters from 3 of our Monochrome 9 fat quarter bundles plus 1 FQ of white (these left out the darkest FQ of each of the 3 bundles). You'll have a block or two leftover for another project.
- Yellow 9 FQ bundle + Orange 9 FQ bundle + Red 9 FQ bundle
- Magenta 9 FQ bundle + Violet 9 FQ bundle + Blue 9 FQ bundle
- Blue Cyan 9 FQ bundle + Cyan 9 FQ bundle + Green Cyan 9 FQ bundle
- Green Cyan 9 FQ bundle + Green 9 FQ bundle + Yellow Green 9 FQ bundle
- Red Magenta 9 FQ bundle + Magenta 9 FQ bundle + Violet 9 FQ bundle
- Violet 9 FQ bundle + Blue 9 FQ bundle + Blue Cyan 9 FQ bundle
Curious to see what a scrappy version would look like? We were, too. Here's what you can get if you use 25 fat quarters: 2 values of each of the 12 colors in the CMY color wheel, plus 1 FQ of black. It's easy with 2 of our Rainbow 12 fat quarter bundles.
- Light = Rainbow Value 1 + Rainbow Value 5 + 1 FQ Black
- Medium = Rainbow Value 3 + Rainbow Value 5 + 1 FQ Black
- Dark = Rainbow Value 5 + Rainbow Value 7 + 1 FQ Black
See what others are making and share your projects using #BeMineQuilt on Instagram or Facebook. And tag us @Sewfinity so we can see!
Get the Be Mine Quilt Pattern and have fun sewing!