The Knitted Star Quilt Pattern is now available at Sewfinity!
Why We Like It
Designed by Brittany of Lo & Behold Stitchery, the Knitted Star Quilt is the perfect winter quilt. It's a Fair Isle style, with a repeat pattern of "knitted" stars. Wouldn't it look perfect on your bed in the winter months?
It's an intricate quilt that's has definite "wow" factor thanks to the many small strips. And it's way easier to put together than you'd think, since it's strip-pieced. Thanks for that, Brittany! Make the snowflakes a single color for a classic look, or go multi-colored for some really fun versions.
There are 3 sizes to choose from, and we love that the fabric requirements are simple for the 62" throw size quilt top. Our solid bundles and yardage work great!
- 2-color version: 3 yards of background + 2 yards for snowflakes
- multi-color version: 3 yards of background + 8 fat quarters for snowflakes
Tips + Tutorials
- The pattern includes thorough instructions with diagrams throughout. Brittany recommends using a smaller stitch length for strip-piecing.
- Follow Brittany's tips on strip-piecing, seam allowances, and block sizes
- Get tutorials for 5 extra sizes (small tablerunner, large tablerunner, rectangle throw, twin, king)!
- Test out your color ideas with the Knitted Star coloring page.
- Sew Along: Brittany's Knitted Star Quilt Along, an 8-week sewalong Sep 14 - Nov 9, 2020. Sewfinity is a sponsor!
- Pattern Correction
Inspiration + Ideas
Match-making our Kona Cotton Solids to the Knitted Star quilt pattern was really fun and it was so inspiring to see so many color palettes come to life. Enjoy these digital mockups!
Follow the "modern" instructions and our color suggestions below to get some absolutely beautiful versions. All you need for the quilt top are 8 colors from 2 of our Monochrome 5 fat quarter bundles plus 3 yards of dark background.
- Magenta + Green Cyan
- Red Magenta + Green
- Red + Magenta
- Cyan + Green Cyan
- Violet + Blue Cyan
- Cyan + Blue Cyan
Follow the "modern" instructions and our color suggestions below to get some sweet rainbow versions. Choose 8 colors from one of our Rainbow 12 fat quarter bundles plus 3 yards of background (light, medium, or dark).
Follow the "modern" instructions and our color suggestions below to get some nice monochrome versions. Choose 8 fat quarters from our Monochrome 9 fat quarter bundles plus 3 yards of dark background.
- Yellow 9 FQ bundle + Coffee
- Orange 9 FQ bundle + Storm
- Red 9 FQ bundle + Midnight
- Red Magenta 9 FQ bundle + Raisin
- Magenta 9 FQ bundle + Hibiscus
- Violet 9 FQ bundle + Midnight
- Blue 9 FQ bundle + Indigo
- Blue Cyan 9 FQ bundle + Black
- Cyan 9 FQ bundle + Nautical
- Green Cyan 9 FQ bundle +Spruce
- Green 9 FQ bundle + Evergreen
- Yellow Green 9 FQ bundle +Juniper
The most classic version is the most simple. Here are ideas of lights, mediums, and darks representing the 12 colors on the CMY color wheel.
See what others are making and share your projects using #KnittedStarQuilt on Instagram or Facebook. And tag us @Sewfinity so we can see!
Get the Knitted Star Quilt Pattern and have fun sewing!