The Asterisks quilt pattern is now available at Sewfinity!
WHY WE LIKE IT
Designed by Nicole of Modern Handcraft, the Asterisks Quilt is a great beginner quilt pattern with a midcentury modern vibe.
Lots of color combos are possible with this pattern: make the asterisks multi-colored or 1-color, and make the background 1-color or scrappy. Whichever you choose, Nicole shows you how with her clear instructions.
It comes together quickly: simple shapes and 2-at-a-time half-square triangle piecing make it pretty simple.
TIPS + TUTORIALS
- The pattern features instructions with diagrams throughout and a link for a coloring page.
- Diagonal Seam Tape would make sewing the half-square triangles a breeze!
INSPIRATION + IDEAS
Match-making our Kona Cotton Solids and Pure Solids to the Asterisks quilt pattern gives some really fun color combinations. Enjoy these digital mockups of the large throw sized 63" x 75". All you need for the quilt top is 3 yards of background fabric plus six 1-yard cuts (you'll have enough leftover for binding and some nice solid cuts for another project).
Lights and darks of a single color give these ideas on both light and dark backgrounds, all in Kona Cotton:
Multiple color families give these ideas on both light and dark backgrounds, all in Pure Solids by Art Gallery Fabrics:
- Banana Cream + Turmeric + Georgia Peach + Apricot Crepe + Dried Carrot + Cinnamon
- Flamingo + Quartz Pink + Crystal Pink + Evergreen + Peacock + Jade Cream
- London Red + Coral Reef + Grapefruit + Spiceberry + Dragon Fruit + Raspberry Rose
- Tile Blue + Maldives + Aero Blue + Emerald + Jade Cream + Warm Wave
- Purple Wine + Very Berry + Verve Violet + Tile Blue + Maldives + Aero Blue
- Mediterraneo + Tile Blue + Aero Blue + Parisian Blue + Hydrangea + Tranquil Waters
Here are some randomized color combos, again in Pure Solids by Art Gallery Fabrics:
- Snow + Light Grey + Mystic Grey + Patina Green + Garden Fern + Dried Moss + Caviar background
- Sweet Macadamia + Ethereal Pink + Festival Fuchsia + Honeydew + Banana Cream + Ocean Waves + Nocturnal background
- Atmospheric + Mirage Blue + Royal Cobalt + Emerald + Dark Citron + Raspberry Rose + Latte background
- Icy Mint + Secret Lagoon + Empire Yellow + Dried Carrot + Potter's Clay + Festival Fuchsia + Emerald background
- Lemonade + Patina Green + Tile Blue + Raspberry Rose + Toasty Walnut + Deep Black + Magnetism background
- Sweet Tangerine + Miami Sunset + Festival Fuchsia + Raspberry Rose + Ethereal Pink + Caviar + Crystal Pink background
See what others are making and share your projects using #AsterisksQuilt on Instagram or Facebook. And tag us @Sewfinity so we can see!
Get the Asterisks quilt pattern and have fun sewing!