Our Gradient Grid Quilt pattern is now available! We've made it available for free for our email subscribers.
Why we like it
It's a simple quilt that's just squares, so it sews up super-quick.
It's a modern design that makes a gorgeous gift. The colors blend together so nicely, thanks to Angela our color curator (and founder!) and also thanks to Robert Kaufman Fabrics for the wide range of colors of Kona Cotton. There are 3 colorways:
MBC (magenta, blue, cyan)
made with our Gradient MBC bundle
CGY (cyan, green, yellow)
made with our Gradient CGY bundle
YRM (yellow, red, magenta)
made with our Gradient YRM bundle
One of our 36-fat quarter Gradient fabric bundles is enough to make multiple quilts. Here's the Gradient MBC bundle cut up into stacks to make 5 different quilt projects: a large throw, a small throw, a baby quilt, a mini, and an 18" micro (or pillow).
The variations in sizes and layouts give you many modification options. There are 7 sizes, a pillow option, plus ideas for combining grids to make a larger, more intricate design.
It's pretty simple to quilt. The square grid gives easy guidelines for quilting it yourself, or send out to your favorite longarm quilter. All the fancy longarm quilting you see in this post is by Jessie Zeigler of Threaded Quilting.
Tips + Tutorials
- Just follow the pattern instructions for straight-forward sewing. We've included simple wording to make this pattern easy to understand, no matter your skill level.
- When you buy one of our Gradient fabric bundles, leave the fabric sticker labels on and preserve fabric order to keep the colors easily identifiable.
- Save time by cutting multiple fat quarters at once by stacking 2 or 3 in a single layer and cut accordingly.
Inspiration + Ideas
See the Gradient Grid projects that we make:
- Gradient Grid Quilt: CGY
- Gradient Grid Quilt: MBC
- Gradient Grid Quilt: YRM Variation
- Gradient Grid Quilt: MBC Variation
See what others are making and share your projects using #GradientGridQuilt on Instagram or Facebook. And tag us @Sewfinity so we can see!
Get the free quilt pattern: Gradient Grid Quilt Pattern